Artículos

Sunday 25 September 2016

From the womb, music accompanies us throughout our lives.

Music therapy and more ...
From the womb, music accompanies us throughout our lives.
Since 6 years ago entered along with the Foundation because they live in the homes of children attending Pediatric Palliative Care Unit CPP coordinated by Dr. Martino in the Niño Jesús Hospital in Madrid, my life changed a incredibly.

I began to understand that of the approximately 3,000 children under 18 who die each year in Spain, 80% do not oncological diseases but for neurodegenerative diseases. And this was a fact that struck me, because whenever I spoke infant death I came to mind the same image that you who are reading these lines. I began to inquire more and more about the subject. And I was amazed that our society devote more efforts to them, to the smallest, through #cuidadospaliativos.

Hand Carola del Rincón -the wonderful unit- psychologist, families not only opened the doors of their houses for us to enter with musical instruments, but opened the doors of their lives. Know your children (my children, as I always call) and begin to understand the world from their place through their eyes, their breaths, small movements ...


Carla in Laguna Hospital

Listening first, they have much to say.
Accompanying later, they mark where they want to go.
Being silent, what needed !.
Having coffee with mom / dad, just being.

A Palliative Care Adult I arrived not long ago, thanks to the Laguna Foundation. And there I was privileged to accompany many people change completely finished. With them I explored everything that music therapy can do at the end of life from non-verbal. From the travel far through the sounds ... despite podernos not get out of bed.


Music Therapy in Palliative Care

In these years I have learned that Paliativistas are those who want to have around if at any time I need them. Because we can not cure, but know how to care. I realized the great taboo is death in our society, although we all pass through it. And that is a responsibility of all to the needs that as a society we can not ignore visible.

Each and every one of those little-big hearts are always with me, like I accompanied him: from the purest love. Although many of them already do from elsewhere.


I found that palliative care is not synonymous with death, but life.

Quality and well-being at the end of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important for us because with those we can grow and offer you a better service, thanks for passing by, hope to see you again soon.